Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Roundup!

Happy Monday everyone!  I was really glad to spend some quality time with some quality people this weekend.


My friend/pledge sister has been living in Cross Plains, TN since she got married last September.  I guess people typically tend to move in with the man they marry but still, she's about 30 minutes farther from me than I have been accustomed to.  :)  Anyway, she had told me about "Trash and Treasures" that was going on this weekend.  Basically it's a string of yard sales that goes through the main area of town for maybe close to a mile.  I got in my car and headed to the land of Rob. Co. and we set out on our adventure.  Now Cathy's husband Greg refers to this tradition as "Trash and Junk"...which we did see a lot of....but we also found a few treasures in the mix too.  It was one of the hottest days thus far so we judged purchases on whether or not they would be too heavy to pack around the rest of the time.  We also started judging things on whether they were too hot to purchase.  For example, I picked up a galvanized bucket and could not sit it down fast enough without flinging it across someone's yard.  It was on fire!  We also saw and entire trailer sitting in the sun, filled with countless cast iron cookware.  It looked like good stuff but there was no way I was sticking my hand into that lava trap.

Among other things we saw an entire stock of dolls.  These were seriously the creepiest dolls I have ever seen.  They reminded me of the Goosebumps book (and TV episode) with the ventriliquist dummy that comes to life.  I was going to take a picture for the blog but I didn't want to scare anyone.


We stopped into a shop that sold a number of cute and unique items.  Some were antiques, jams and other food items, and others were furniture/decor made of local barn wood.  By this time of day we were more interested in the fruit tea they were selling.

After we pryed ourselves from the air conditioning, I found a house whose yard had a good selection of things I could use for "projects."  I got even more excited when the girl said "Everything is half off....it's hot!"  I found some wooden shutters that looked promising and asked her how much she'd take for them.  I walked away with both of those shutters and some barnwood for $4....and an invitation to go around back and see if I wanted anything from their shed.  The next yard we made it to just gave me a little mail holder/corkboard thing because they were so hot and ready to pack up.  We were too so we headed back to the house to swim.

Cathy with the yard sale shed

That night I got together with my dance team pals for dinner and Magic Mike.  When I first saw the commercial for Magic Mike I thought "Maybe I'll Redbox it so no one knows I went to see it."  That is until everyone and their mother were going (I mean that literally as I saw two friends and their moms at the theater that night).  It was definitely a fun girls' night movie...I mean just look at these fellas!  It did however confirm that I will never set foot in a strip club.  I just don't think I could tolerate some guy rubbing his business all over me.  Channing's dancing was wonderful and the group routines were good too.  You know a row full of former dancers had to critique that!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Sunday was just how I like it, relaxed and spent with my family.  We surprised G with an ice cream cake celebrating his new position at work.  He's a manager now and doesn't have to work on-call anymore, so I am really excited about that!  Way to go, G!

The man loves Ice Cream Cakes.
 So, how was your weekend?  Who's excited about the Fourth of July??  This girl is!

No comments:

Post a Comment