Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

I woke up to a wonderful surprise yesterday morning, Linny from Kangaroos, Shoes, and I Do's gave me the Liebster Blog Award.  I had no idea what that was until I visited her sweet blog for this description:


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

The Rules for Receiving This Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose others and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!


So here we go!  I'm usually bad at the "Say a Fun Fact About Yourself" icebreaker games you have to play in first-day settings but I'll try!


1. My initials spell the word BAM.
2. I have had Lasik eye surgery and I think it was one of the weirdest things, ever.
3. My very first favorite band was The Beach Boys.
4. I don't think I have a celebrity look-a-like.
5. I never got the "Don't Talk to Strangers" memo as a child.
6. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 17-years-old.
7. I hate for anyone to feel left out.
8. I hate rubber bands.  
9. I loathed volleyball day/week in gym class.
10. I don't know how to ride a bicycle without training wheels.
11. I can (or could) roller blade but not roller skate.

Linny's Questions
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?  Time spent with my grandparents.




2. Where is your favorite vacation spot?  Las Vegas or the Beach



3. If you are on Pinterest, what is your favorite thing to look at on the website?  DIY crafts...or clothes...or food....it really depends on my mood.




4. What is something you enjoy doing when it is a rainy day?  Watching a movie in my jammies.



5. What is your go-to gift for friends birthdays, or wedding showers?   Anything I can turn into a theme such as a Kitchen Basket of towels/dishrags/pot holders/etc.



6. You are traveling internationally, what do you bring on your carry on?   Passport!



7. What do you enjoy having for lunch?  Sandwiches or Lean Cuisines


8. When you are stressed, what is something you do to relax?  Talk it out to someone who will make me laugh.


9. What is your favorite TV show (can be old or new)?   I've recently started watching How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory now that they are syndicated.



10. How do you encourage the ones you love?  Cheer them on and remind them why they are awesome.



11. What is your favorite book?   The Hunger Games Triology, and yes, I was that girl who cried during the movie....twice.


Here are my 11 questions for the girls I have tagged


1. What is your favorite song of all time?
2. If you could visit any country where would you go?
3. Who is your favorite character in a book and why?
4. If you won the jackpot how would you choose to spend it?
5. What is your favorite gift you've ever received?
6. What is your favorite gift you've ever given?
7. If you had (or have!) a son, what would you name him?
8. If you had (or have!) a daughter, what would you name her?
9. What has been your favorite pet?
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
11. What do you look for in a friend?

And the nominees are......

Lindsay @ Simple & Chic Homemade Designs and FindsLinea @ Downtown Darling
Lori @ Paisley & Pearls

Chelsea @ Love Him Like Crazy




No comments:

Post a Comment