Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tuned in Thursday

I'm well aware that "Tuned in Thursday" should probably be "Tuned in Tuesday" but we'll roll with it!  For some reason I get into these moods where I will listen to the same two or three songs on repeat for a week straight, sometimes longer depending on how long the Recently Added playlist on my ipod can hold out before it dies.  Not quite as bad as Michelle on the episode of Full House where she forced everyone to listen to "Baby Beluga" a thousand times on a cassette tape, but there was a period of several days (possibly a week) where I listened to "No Diggity" on repeat in my office. In 2009.

But recently my Song D'Jour is by this precious man.
Thomas Rhett

Look familiar?  It's possible!  His dad is 90's country singer and songwriting superstar Rhett Akins ("That ain't my truck in her drive...").  Thomas Rhett aka Thomas Rhett Akins, Jr. has been on a roll the past couple years starting when he scored a song on the latest Jason Aldean record.  TR wrote "I Ain't Ready to Quit" which is coincidentally one of the better songs on that album....I could go into my disappointment with Jason Aldean's latest album but I'll save that for another post.  TR then signed with Valory Music Company this year.  That means he is labelmates with Justin Moore and Reba McEntire!

Moving right along, TR's first single out to country radio is "Something To Do With My Hands" and he seems like a pretty frisky little guy!  It's got a good melody and quirky, fun(ny) lyrics.  I always like a song that puts a clever little twist on something so that the moment you hear it you just laugh or smile and want to dance.  Sometimes you just want to hear a fun song! 

The "official" videos aren't working at the moment but I did find this little gem of a live performance in what appears to be a break room?  Regardless, live music is usually way better than recorded so without further ado....enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this post is the reference to Full House! Also, remember the story of me choking in the car on an M&M to "No diggity?" I forever hate that song.

    ReplyDelete