1. Waving at Someone Who is Really Waving at the Person Behind You.
Now I have been on both sides of this moment, the one waved to and the monkey in the middle. When I'm the Monkey I typically just laugh at myself and then high-tail it out of there if possible.
2. Saying Hi To Someone You Kind of Know....Only to Receive a Weird Look in Return
This happened to me the other day. I felt dumb, tossed on my sunglasses and ran to my car. It is for this reason that if someone I do not recognize says hello to me I wave and smile with all of my teeth just so they don't feel bad.....Please refer back to Awkward Moment #1
3. Singing the Wrong Lyrics Around Another Person
I'm a stickler for singing the real lyrics to songs, but I find it highly entertaining when other people don't. A few of my favorite times this has happened:
- Once while listening to Tim McGraw's "Indian Outlaw," my best friend sang out....full force..."Cherokee Peepers!!!" If you haven't heard the song, the words are "Cherokee People."
- A former dance teammate thought that when it says "Let me see what you're twirkin' with" in "Sexy Back" that they were saying "Let me see ya with your turkey leg"
- My boyfriend sometimes just makes up lyrics to songs...ie. "Total Eclipse of the Heart"...."Once when I was little I was falling in love, now I'm only falling away.....Total eclipse of my heart!" I thought I would never stop laughing.
- Another former dance teammate was notorious for singing the wrong lyrics. A few highlights of my friend, Lauren:
Real words: "And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's? She said I think I remember the film"
Lauren words: "And I said what about breakfast with Tiffany. She said I think I remember the spellbind."
"Hot Stepper" (now in Lauren's defense, when I sang along to this song I would just make sounds. I applaud her for trying to decipher the words)
Real Words: "They call me hot stepper. I'm the lyrical gangster."
Lauren Words:"They call me alstaga. I'm the ludacal galsta."
"Sexy Can I"
Real Words: "Sexy can I, just pardon my manners"
Lauren Words: "Sexy can I, just parked my manis"