Friday, August 3, 2012

Oh 21st Century, Why Must You Cramp My Style?

Have you ever gotten really excited about a book or a movie and someone told you the end?  Or reenacted the funniest/most exciting parts?  I know I personally get very upset.  So can someone please explain to me why media outlets think it is a fabulous idea to ruin our suspenseful Olympic Game experience?


Now don't get me wrong, technology can be very helpful as well as entertaining, but I sometimes miss being less "connected."  I distinctly remember watching these young ladies win their gold medal with all sorts of hopeful suspense. 




Now granted yes, I was only one time zone away and I was also 8 or 9 at the time and probably not checking up on the Olympics on my Windows 96 computer.  But I do remember watching as precious Kerri Strug was carried by Coach Bela after completing her vault routine....on a terribly hurt ankle.  Sidenote: Think about what that was probably like.  You know when you get a foot cramp or you accidentally kick the coffee table with your pinky toe?  Do you want to run, jump off of a springboard and then fling yourself through the air after that?  And her ankle was hurting way worse than a cramp!






However this year I had the men's swimming relay ruined (thanks G!) as well as the Fab Five women's gymnastics team gold medal ruined.  The sad thing is, I found out about the women's gymnastics gold medal from someone on Facebook complaining that they had seen it online.  Irony.


I really do think we as a society, spend entirely too much time on our phones.  I am just as guilty as the next person.  I did see this good idea via Pinterest and I think it's worth a try!  That is if I can pry G's phone out of his hand.....






So, are you enjoying the Olympics?  Or have you been paying too much attention to your telephone :)  Hope you're all having a happy Friday!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment