Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's (Not Quite) Fall, Y'all!


Hello friends!  I tried to fight it, I really did.  But I am kind of getting ready for fall.  This is always such a tough time for me, a lover of summer, but it comes each and every year.  I get tired of the blazing hot sun and start getting ready to pull on my boots and scarves.  However it is quite tough to part with going on the boat, sundresses and not having to bundle up to fight the elements (I HATE the wintery chill!).
This awkward Summer-Fall transition does bring a lot of my very favorite things.  G's birthday.  My birthday.  The start of Football season.  Plus, with all of these Fall-inspired pins on Pinterest, I can't help but get a little excited!  That being said, we're going to look past the allergies and go on to my second favorite season's greatest attributes...Fall!
Boots
My parents met while working at a boot company.  My grandparents and my aunt & uncle met while working at the same boot company.  I am genetically engineered to love this footwear.  Cowboy, riding, rain...I love all varieties of boots!  Just look at these beauties.  Wouldn't they be great with some leggings or skinny jeans tucked in?

Seasonal Beverages/Scents
Pumpkin Spice, gingerbread, hazelnut, cider- it just warms my soul.  I caught myself in the candle section of Walmart the other day sniffing a Pumpkin Spice Candle.  I had to get a grip and keep moving.  However, when the weather cools down I believe I am going to give this a try.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte via Pinterest

Hayrides and Pumpkins
You have to admit, in theory, the idea of a hayride is a little bizarre.  "There's nothing like gathering your closest friends/family and dragging them behind a truck/tractor seated upon livestock feed!"  But seriously, I do love getting snuggled under a blanket and taking a spin on a trailer of hay.  Our church has one every year and I have such wonderful memories of those.

I also love pumpkin picking, carving and pumpkin decor!


Soups
Now if the truth be told I can usually eat soup at any time of year.  In fact, I had soup last night for supper and I had been sweating earlier in the day.  But there's just something about soup and fall that just go together!  I can't wait to find some delicious goodies on Pinterest to try this season.


Football
Just 24 days until it's football time in Tennessee!!  I love the pageantry of college football.  The marching bands, the cheering, the tradition and of course...the tailgate food!  Saturdays down South are no joking matter.  Menus are planned well in advance, tailgating spots are decorated, some people go as far as hooking generators up to televisions to be as up-to-date on football coverage as possible.  


If you've never been to an NFL game, I'd highly recommend it!  You may be right on the field or hundreds of feet above but you're guaranteed a good time.  At least at Titans' games.  I think Titans fans are some of the most welcoming and friendly fans in the NFL....oh wait and the loudest :)


So what are you most excited about this fall? 




2 comments:

  1. Bethany when I get this house built out here in the country and pop this kid out. I'll have to have a hayride and invite you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! Maybe we can do that instead of a Legacy Easter Egg Hunt, a Legacy Hayride! I'll bring hot chocolate.

      Delete